Skip to main content

Why Spring Rocks

All of the bulbs begin to pop up green foliage when it warms a bit, and now is the time in the high desert. On a quick recon of our front and back yards yesterday I saw tulips, hyacinth, daffodils and crocus popping up. The tulips are already 8" tall! And in a good year, they bloom by my birthday, which makes the event extra special somehow.


Tulips.com
Image provided by Jennifer Morrissey of her garden in early April. Gorgeous, huh? I may be suffering from tulip envy. For sure I am.




Yesterday afternoon I got home a little early, changed into my running clothes and was on the trail while it was still light. And warm. And comfortable for a nice leisurely jog my first day back from New York. And did I mention I wore shorts? And a long sleeved tee shirt?

This time last week I was freezing my buns off in NYC...so the warmth is welcome.

Days get longer. Literally. Beginning this weekend. Which means the evenings can be leisurely and seemingly endless which I love and which eventually translates to dinners on the patio surrounded by happy birds chirping, hummingbirds feeding, and the sounds of nature acting as a balm against the the concrete jungleness of the city.

And maybe best of all is the opportunity to leave windows open, to let fresh air replace the stale winter air of the house..and in our case this year, the paint and texture fumes, too.  And as of Saturday, the new carpet smell...

Can you think of other Spring coolness?

Have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. Pretty! We are getting daffodils and a few of the trees have just started blossoming. It is so welcome, as I feel like it's been winter all my life at this point.

    Almost time to get the toenails painted and wear open shoes. Cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sooooooo time for warm! And pedis...and cute sandals!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Schnazzed up Desert Magnolia..again, thanks to LP the graphics guru!

Happy Thursday, everyone! Nope, it's not quite Spring yet, but sometimes a girl's gotta get a new 'do. Or in this case this girl's gotta get a new blog header. You know what I mean. Thank you LP! You rock. I love the artistic approach..it's soft but nice and still says, 'Enter here at your own risk, for opinions of a strong nature are sure to be expressed.' That's how I see it, anyway.

May I please be excused?

When G.G. was sorting through the mail the other night he stopped, then started to chuckle. And then he handed me an envelope in which a Jury Summons was contained. He chuckled because he has been called twice, and I have never been called. And for some reason he thought that wasn't right, or fair, or something. Well, I got mine. But it turns out I need to ask them a favor. To postpone my civic duty until after the holidays. Because before the holidays I am responsible for planning and overseeing and/or executing all year end marketing and PR for our little company, as well as publishing our final edition of an e-pub that now distributes to over 300K people each edition, so it needs to look good. And not have spelling errors and stuff. And then when that e-pub flies? I'll be flying, literally, to Providence, then to Europe and the Middle East. There's a lot to get done before I go, and I'm desperately hoping that our jury management system accepts my reque

Frigid

There's cold, and then there's the cold that takes your breath away when you breathe in too deeply. We've got that right now. Clear, blue skies, and frigid cold temps. There's just enough warmth in the sun to cause the enormous icicles that have formed along our roof to break off, sort of a mini calving like you'd see in the Antarctic when an iceberg cleaves. And loud, a big CRACK! happens, and then Whump! it hits the ground. The governor just issued a state of emergency for the entire state. And asked all of us to lower our thermostats ten degrees! Right. So, if we're having issues keeping pipes unfrozen with normal range furnace use, what's going to happen when/if we drop that range ten degrees? That's the difference between liquid and frozen water. Ten degrees doesn't sound like a lot, but it is. And I'm pretty sure she's not going to have her staff lower her thermostat by the ten degrees she's proposed, then put on her silk long