Skip to main content

On my cycloptic solution and addiction to sexy vamps

When I recently got my new contacts, I struggled constantly and mightily with a feeling that something wasn't working quite right, kind of like I was over correcting a problem with the contact choices my doc and I had made.

Said overcorrection resulted in constantly seeking the clear distance for documents, my laptop, and even people with whom I was chatting. Really got old fast.

My eye doc, upon issuing eye Rx, said my brain would adjust. Well it did, kinda, but didn't like the result.

Which made me not want to wear my contacts at.all.

Which was not helping my quality of life, or my sense of well being.

I was pissed, frustrated, and mostly sad that something was amiss.

But then we had a dinner party. And one of our friends, upon hearing the story of the Ginormous Eyeglass and Contact Lens Acquisition of 2010 laughed and told us the story of how she used to wear just one contact lens. And that it worked perfectly.

I thought about this for a few days, then decided to give it a shot. The whole monovision idea is sound, but our specific approach wasn't working so well yet.

After nearly three weeks of wearing just one contact, and seeing very clearly now, I'm happy.

It's the little things, right?

Oh, and the whole True Blood thing? I am so hooked. So hooked. Bill and Sookie and Eric and Jessica and Talbot and oh my goodness.

So much badness. So much darkness and mischief and sexy and politics and strange dark humor and...

Hi, my name is Stevie, and I'm an addict.

Oh yeaaaah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dang it's hot

It has decided to be summer now, after weeks of fluctuating between cool and cooler.... The A/C is on high. I am trying to study, but really don't want to ...due to a general weightiness that has settled over me, no doubt the heat is just slowing me down for the moment. So, instead of pressing through and forcing myself to do something I don't really have the energy to do right now I am honoring my state of mind and just relaxing a little.... I have begun serious study for my BioMed exam, and reviewing the material is making me realize that I have in fact learned a great deal during my journey through this program, but more importantly is I have begun to look at things, all things, differently.  I am not sure when it began, the shift to this new view, but it has taken hold and infuses my being with an appreciation for the beauty and complexity of life, of the human body, of the human condition, of the universe in general. I have learned facts and data, I have examined ca...

The choices we make, make us who we are, don't they?

W. H. Auden once said: Choice of attention—to pay attention to this and ignore that—is to the inner life what choice of action is to the outer. It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day that we often forget that every single choice that we make, particularly when it comes to how we live, not just the little niggling details, really matters. Every single one. I guess it boils down to limited resources, right? There are a finite number of moments in each day, and most of us are obligated to spend a considerable number of those pursuing our careers, making ends meet, etc., which means that the number available for spiritual and emotional nurturing are limited, indeed. So demonstrating our love for our families, taking good care of ourselves-nutritionally, emotionally, spiritually, physically, in the moments we actually have for those pursuits? Makes absolute sense. And growing our hearts and enriching our spirits through whatever means we choose, be it spending more ...

On Mondays. And lots of rules.

Mondays can be a challenge. There's the whole shock to the system of waking up and realizing it's not the weekend anymore, which kind of blows. And then the jolt out of the lazy flow of the weekend into the time-focused 'gotta be at the office by x time, gotta get ready for the company meeting, gotta check emails/deadlines to ensure nothing is on fire' stuff. And then the reality of settling into the week...and knowing that this one will be a full one. They all seem to be. This week for me: Work. Lots of good stuff going on, but 'lots' being the watchword. School. 2nd trimester starts. Tomorrow a.m. So tomorrow for me is school, 9-12; work 1230-430; clinic 5-9. Long day, Tuesday. For this I've washed and pressed my lab coat, cleaned out my tote (it is truly amazing what collects during a trimester in terms of used kleenexes, abandoned index cards, folded notes that were important at some point but now are just extra weight, stale snacks, etc.), and ...