Skip to main content

Jumping quinoa and chocolate steamers with espresso shots

Last night Hubby and I watched The Men Who Stare at Goats.

It reminded me of the style of Brother Where Art Thou, and Clooney did a fine job of playing a soldier in the New Earth Army with paranormal powers. It was fun, it was silly, it was touching and gentle and quirky and wholly enjoyable.

We also watched The Informant.

So, the idea of corporate corruption and price fixing isn't new; weaving that into a plot where the main character is ridiculously bipolar and seemingly delusional in a sociopathic and rather confusing and terribly annoying way is new to me. I didn't really like it, probably because my cinematic preferences fall into appreciating the absurd more than the overdone (fine line, I know, but there you have it). Matt Damon did a great job of wrangling a bizarre character. He always does a good job, but I simply didn't like the movie much.

I'm not sure how we crammed two movies into a week night, other than it's still Hubby's Spring Break and I didn't resist, so back to back movie night was the result.

This morning I stopped at the Grove for a chocolate steamer with a shot of espresso, my first in months. It was absolutely delicious and helped fuel me through the morning.

I stopped at Trader Joe's on the way in, too, to pick up a salad for lunch. I had done one of the refrigerator scans that netted nothing I thought I might deem interesting for lunch (which is hard to do since how do you know what will sound/taste good hours from the time you're staring into the cool interior?)  What appealed (which reflects ingredients we do not have in the 'frig, so that's good)? Mango, Red Quinoa and Chicken Salad over baby spinach with a coconut chili dressing. It was the perfect choice! It looked good at 830, and tasted yummy just now!

The only thing they forgot to mention is that those darned quinoa are active little jumping quinoa, not the sedate and calm quinoa I've encountered in the past.

Must be the 'red' energy influence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schnazzed up Desert Magnolia..again, thanks to LP the graphics guru!

Happy Thursday, everyone! Nope, it's not quite Spring yet, but sometimes a girl's gotta get a new 'do. Or in this case this girl's gotta get a new blog header. You know what I mean. Thank you LP! You rock. I love the artistic approach..it's soft but nice and still says, 'Enter here at your own risk, for opinions of a strong nature are sure to be expressed.' That's how I see it, anyway.

May I please be excused?

When G.G. was sorting through the mail the other night he stopped, then started to chuckle. And then he handed me an envelope in which a Jury Summons was contained. He chuckled because he has been called twice, and I have never been called. And for some reason he thought that wasn't right, or fair, or something. Well, I got mine. But it turns out I need to ask them a favor. To postpone my civic duty until after the holidays. Because before the holidays I am responsible for planning and overseeing and/or executing all year end marketing and PR for our little company, as well as publishing our final edition of an e-pub that now distributes to over 300K people each edition, so it needs to look good. And not have spelling errors and stuff. And then when that e-pub flies? I'll be flying, literally, to Providence, then to Europe and the Middle East. There's a lot to get done before I go, and I'm desperately hoping that our jury management system accepts my reque

Frigid

There's cold, and then there's the cold that takes your breath away when you breathe in too deeply. We've got that right now. Clear, blue skies, and frigid cold temps. There's just enough warmth in the sun to cause the enormous icicles that have formed along our roof to break off, sort of a mini calving like you'd see in the Antarctic when an iceberg cleaves. And loud, a big CRACK! happens, and then Whump! it hits the ground. The governor just issued a state of emergency for the entire state. And asked all of us to lower our thermostats ten degrees! Right. So, if we're having issues keeping pipes unfrozen with normal range furnace use, what's going to happen when/if we drop that range ten degrees? That's the difference between liquid and frozen water. Ten degrees doesn't sound like a lot, but it is. And I'm pretty sure she's not going to have her staff lower her thermostat by the ten degrees she's proposed, then put on her silk long