Skip to main content

Procrastination

I have, through the years, become quite good at avoiding things I need to do but don't really want to do.

During school, particularly around midterms and finals, my house would be really really clean. Turns out I scrub to avoid reviewing.

Around tax time I can be found exercising more diligently than almost any other time, and my pedis are creative and well kept- not a chip in sight.  I hate gathering documentation for the annual IRS fest, and nobody can give me hard time about exercising OR having nice tootsies.

Right now I'm avoiding my annual requisite CEU's. I haven't been to any great classes this year, what with trying to build a practice and all, so I'm forced to seek online options. Which are less than inspiring. And make me want to avoid them like the plague.

My plan today? Shower. Workout. Grab some groceries. Balance the checkbook. Pay my student loan payment. Try to get my car fixed (the driver's side visor FELL OFF INTO MY LAP while I was on the freeway yesterday.)  Notice how there's no, "watch CEU's, take quizes and earn this year's credits" on the list?

Yeah, me too.

S'rsly. How hard is it to grow up, do the online time, and just push through it?

Very hard, if you're me.

Hugs,

Stevie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schnazzed up Desert Magnolia..again, thanks to LP the graphics guru!

Happy Thursday, everyone! Nope, it's not quite Spring yet, but sometimes a girl's gotta get a new 'do. Or in this case this girl's gotta get a new blog header. You know what I mean. Thank you LP! You rock. I love the artistic approach..it's soft but nice and still says, 'Enter here at your own risk, for opinions of a strong nature are sure to be expressed.' That's how I see it, anyway.

May I please be excused?

When G.G. was sorting through the mail the other night he stopped, then started to chuckle. And then he handed me an envelope in which a Jury Summons was contained. He chuckled because he has been called twice, and I have never been called. And for some reason he thought that wasn't right, or fair, or something. Well, I got mine. But it turns out I need to ask them a favor. To postpone my civic duty until after the holidays. Because before the holidays I am responsible for planning and overseeing and/or executing all year end marketing and PR for our little company, as well as publishing our final edition of an e-pub that now distributes to over 300K people each edition, so it needs to look good. And not have spelling errors and stuff. And then when that e-pub flies? I'll be flying, literally, to Providence, then to Europe and the Middle East. There's a lot to get done before I go, and I'm desperately hoping that our jury management system accepts my reque

Frigid

There's cold, and then there's the cold that takes your breath away when you breathe in too deeply. We've got that right now. Clear, blue skies, and frigid cold temps. There's just enough warmth in the sun to cause the enormous icicles that have formed along our roof to break off, sort of a mini calving like you'd see in the Antarctic when an iceberg cleaves. And loud, a big CRACK! happens, and then Whump! it hits the ground. The governor just issued a state of emergency for the entire state. And asked all of us to lower our thermostats ten degrees! Right. So, if we're having issues keeping pipes unfrozen with normal range furnace use, what's going to happen when/if we drop that range ten degrees? That's the difference between liquid and frozen water. Ten degrees doesn't sound like a lot, but it is. And I'm pretty sure she's not going to have her staff lower her thermostat by the ten degrees she's proposed, then put on her silk long