Skip to main content

I'm seeing a pattern, here....

As of today, I've written 475 posts.  Some happy, some sad, some introspective, some silly. But dang, that's pretty cool. I surprised myself.

A theme that seems to emerge this time every year is the 'gotta slim down now' theme. Not surprising, given the indulgencefest that has characterized the eating road since Thanksgiving.

Guess what? It's time. Again. To slim down.

Motivation? Health of course. Also we have wedding related events scheduled beginning in April, and I'd rather feel lean(er) and mean(er) than sluggish and puffy.

My plan? Hitting the Plant Paradox approach hard. Reduce alcohol. (Notice I said reduce not quit? S'rsly people, I know myself, and would rather set a goal I know I can mostly keep.) Get more active, more regularly.

You know, the normal stuff.

But it's time.

Tomorrow I'm headed to the community gym to purchase my 2019 membership. When it's too cold to go out for a nice, long walk I'll head over there and ride the stationary bike or walk the stair stepper.

And I'm going to do Qi Gong every night before bed. When I do I sleep great and wake up with a happy back. When I don't, the opposite happens. Not cool, the opposite.

So there you have it. The Good Lord willing, and my focus supporting, I'll be able to slip into my Mother of the Bride dress when the time comes. And be cute in outfits as yet undetermined and not one but two bridal showers, one in Albuquerque, one in New Rochelle, NY.

I say find motivation where you can, and run with it.

Stay tuned.

Huge hugs,

Stevie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schnazzed up Desert Magnolia..again, thanks to LP the graphics guru!

Happy Thursday, everyone! Nope, it's not quite Spring yet, but sometimes a girl's gotta get a new 'do. Or in this case this girl's gotta get a new blog header. You know what I mean. Thank you LP! You rock. I love the artistic approach..it's soft but nice and still says, 'Enter here at your own risk, for opinions of a strong nature are sure to be expressed.' That's how I see it, anyway.

May I please be excused?

When G.G. was sorting through the mail the other night he stopped, then started to chuckle. And then he handed me an envelope in which a Jury Summons was contained. He chuckled because he has been called twice, and I have never been called. And for some reason he thought that wasn't right, or fair, or something. Well, I got mine. But it turns out I need to ask them a favor. To postpone my civic duty until after the holidays. Because before the holidays I am responsible for planning and overseeing and/or executing all year end marketing and PR for our little company, as well as publishing our final edition of an e-pub that now distributes to over 300K people each edition, so it needs to look good. And not have spelling errors and stuff. And then when that e-pub flies? I'll be flying, literally, to Providence, then to Europe and the Middle East. There's a lot to get done before I go, and I'm desperately hoping that our jury management system accepts my reque

Frigid

There's cold, and then there's the cold that takes your breath away when you breathe in too deeply. We've got that right now. Clear, blue skies, and frigid cold temps. There's just enough warmth in the sun to cause the enormous icicles that have formed along our roof to break off, sort of a mini calving like you'd see in the Antarctic when an iceberg cleaves. And loud, a big CRACK! happens, and then Whump! it hits the ground. The governor just issued a state of emergency for the entire state. And asked all of us to lower our thermostats ten degrees! Right. So, if we're having issues keeping pipes unfrozen with normal range furnace use, what's going to happen when/if we drop that range ten degrees? That's the difference between liquid and frozen water. Ten degrees doesn't sound like a lot, but it is. And I'm pretty sure she's not going to have her staff lower her thermostat by the ten degrees she's proposed, then put on her silk long