Skip to main content

E-chime induced madness

We have a big red truck. It's cranberry red, is a pickup, and is my way around now that my car and my daughter have departed for Rhode Island.

Said pickup has 30K miles on it, is lovely to drive, and I'm finally getting used to its very long wheel base and the whole parking thing..well, mostly, anyway.

Pickup also has a lovely 6 CD tray in which I've placed my current fav CDs,  and having chosen Random selection, I'm treated with a nonstop variety of music to soothe me along my daily commutes.

The truck is comfy, and roomy, and has an awesome A/C, so I'm able to maintain a healthy body temperature while navigating the high desert in the summer months.

But, for some reason that will be addressed ASAP when my spouse returns from his cross country trek with our daughter, the emergency brake is finicky finicky.

Let me define 'finicky'.

It doesn't fully release all of the time, or at least the truck doesn't think it releases. I see the pedal all the way up and KNOW it's released.

It must be a sensor thing, right? Or a loose cable thing that Nissan can fix easily, right? I hope so.

Anyway, what happens, then..is if I can't coerce finagle convince wiggle the emergency brake pedal just right to release? The Brake light stays on, and if I attempt to move forward, the chime comes on. The incessant fucking chime that now feels like an icepick being jammed into my eyeball and slowly twisted so that there is no letup.

Given the untenable nature of this scenario, I've learned to hold my breath and hope and pray when I release the parking brake, and when the Brake light doesn't stay on? I'm soooooo happy and I drive carefully and cautiously and avoid big bumps (because they'll jostle whatever magic has occurred to keep that Brake light off and jinx me and the fucker will go back on....).

But often the light stays on. So I have to oh so gently place my left foot on the pedal, very very gently, very very lightly...to make the Brake light go off again and THAT GODDAMNED CHIME TO STOP ITS INCESSANT NOISE!!!

There is about a 1/4 inch tolerance for this, and if I hit a bump, or my leg threatens to spasm uncontrollably after holding this ridiculous position in traffic for more than 20 minutes or so, the chime chimes and the Brake light comes back on and I am reminded that complaisance in this matter is NOT an option.

But until this problem is addressed? I'm going to have to start doing weird exercises with my other leg, because my left one is already looking larger. Maybe one legged lunges would do the trick.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schnazzed up Desert Magnolia..again, thanks to LP the graphics guru!

Happy Thursday, everyone! Nope, it's not quite Spring yet, but sometimes a girl's gotta get a new 'do. Or in this case this girl's gotta get a new blog header. You know what I mean. Thank you LP! You rock. I love the artistic approach..it's soft but nice and still says, 'Enter here at your own risk, for opinions of a strong nature are sure to be expressed.' That's how I see it, anyway.

May I please be excused?

When G.G. was sorting through the mail the other night he stopped, then started to chuckle. And then he handed me an envelope in which a Jury Summons was contained. He chuckled because he has been called twice, and I have never been called. And for some reason he thought that wasn't right, or fair, or something. Well, I got mine. But it turns out I need to ask them a favor. To postpone my civic duty until after the holidays. Because before the holidays I am responsible for planning and overseeing and/or executing all year end marketing and PR for our little company, as well as publishing our final edition of an e-pub that now distributes to over 300K people each edition, so it needs to look good. And not have spelling errors and stuff. And then when that e-pub flies? I'll be flying, literally, to Providence, then to Europe and the Middle East. There's a lot to get done before I go, and I'm desperately hoping that our jury management system accepts my reque

Running Shoes...with Waves

Remember when you had one pair of tennies and they were for everything? Everything. Those days ended for me in high school when I started to run in earnest. In Nike Pegasus, their original running shoe, in white leather with a red swoosh. They were cushiony and durable and made me feel like less of a poser and more like a real runner. After that the style options exploded. I can't remember when Nike came out with their patented Air technology, but I had one of the original pairs..paid a ton of money for them, but it was money well spent. I ran all over the place in those things. All over. The foothills, the valley, sidewalks, parks, around the Academy, wherever...many miles in the originals. Generations of shoes later, I find myself not so happy with the Nike anymore. I've spent thousands of dollars on them in my life, but a few years back began to notice what I deemed to be a general decline in quality, though they've never stopped increasing their prices with ea