Skip to main content

Almost midnight in the garden of our resident gardening god formerly known as hubby

Our resident gardening god, formerly known to you all as 'hubby', has requested that I refer to him in a more complimentary way, as the term 'hubby' to him implies fat and bald and cranky and mostly boring.

Which he's none of.

Obviously he doesn't read my blog or he would have lodged his complaint much much earlier in the game. Like two years ago in the game.

Ahem.

So let it be known that the man formerly known as 'hubby' will now be known as the gardening god, or GG. So when you see that, you're hearing about my spouse and our local gardening god.

Now that we've gotten that little bit of business handled, we can move on.

And may I just say, no offense was ever intended as the term 'hubby' was always used in the most respectful of ways, so let's just be sure that's on the record.

Anyway, enough of that.

JL, as I mentioned, is in town and she came over for dinner last night. And we did all of the things I'd predicted we'd do. We laughed, we caught up, we drank some wine, we ate some food, and we enjoyed the evening, which was absolutely lovely. There were clouds, there was a light breeze, and the sound of gurgling pond accompanied our patio dinner in a most water feature-y way.

We enjoyed a late night conversation down in the blue corner, aka the meditation area and deck on which we've placed blue adirondacks and around which we've placed twinkly blue lights that cast a cool glow ala an Italian outdoor cafe, per Daughter. Who hasn't yet requested I refer to her with a different name, but will certainly now that her father has voiced his request.

Innovators that we are, we decided that we'll soon be changing our lives entirely, JL, GG and I, and will be purchasing land on Bainbridge island, securing the services of our architect friend RR to design a straw bale building that we are going to use to live in and for a B& B.

We all love to cook and garden and entertain, and doing so up there would be awe.some. Also, we'll be serving as a home for several rescue beagles, as we have a very soft spot for those super sweet animals that are frequently used, abused, then rejected by the cosmetics and chemical testing community.

Don't get me started on just how inhumane that is, just try not to use products those assholes greedy bastards produce. The PETA website lists those that do and those that do not test on animals.

Anyhoo, the name of our future biz? The Bainbridge B & B and Beagle Initiative.

Stay tuned. I'm not kidding. We weren't that drunk, and the more we've thought about it, the more the idea is settling in and resonating in a very very cool 'we might actually be able to pull this off if we're smart' kind of way.

Comments

  1. I see nothing but beautiful bounty, amazing community & laughter when I think about our B&B and B initiative on Bainbridge!
    Thanks to you & GG for making it the best evening of the trip by far! ~ JL

    ReplyDelete
  2. JL-Me too! Thanks for spending the evening with us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Schnazzed up Desert Magnolia..again, thanks to LP the graphics guru!

Happy Thursday, everyone! Nope, it's not quite Spring yet, but sometimes a girl's gotta get a new 'do. Or in this case this girl's gotta get a new blog header. You know what I mean. Thank you LP! You rock. I love the artistic approach..it's soft but nice and still says, 'Enter here at your own risk, for opinions of a strong nature are sure to be expressed.' That's how I see it, anyway.

May I please be excused?

When G.G. was sorting through the mail the other night he stopped, then started to chuckle. And then he handed me an envelope in which a Jury Summons was contained. He chuckled because he has been called twice, and I have never been called. And for some reason he thought that wasn't right, or fair, or something. Well, I got mine. But it turns out I need to ask them a favor. To postpone my civic duty until after the holidays. Because before the holidays I am responsible for planning and overseeing and/or executing all year end marketing and PR for our little company, as well as publishing our final edition of an e-pub that now distributes to over 300K people each edition, so it needs to look good. And not have spelling errors and stuff. And then when that e-pub flies? I'll be flying, literally, to Providence, then to Europe and the Middle East. There's a lot to get done before I go, and I'm desperately hoping that our jury management system accepts my reque

Running Shoes...with Waves

Remember when you had one pair of tennies and they were for everything? Everything. Those days ended for me in high school when I started to run in earnest. In Nike Pegasus, their original running shoe, in white leather with a red swoosh. They were cushiony and durable and made me feel like less of a poser and more like a real runner. After that the style options exploded. I can't remember when Nike came out with their patented Air technology, but I had one of the original pairs..paid a ton of money for them, but it was money well spent. I ran all over the place in those things. All over. The foothills, the valley, sidewalks, parks, around the Academy, wherever...many miles in the originals. Generations of shoes later, I find myself not so happy with the Nike anymore. I've spent thousands of dollars on them in my life, but a few years back began to notice what I deemed to be a general decline in quality, though they've never stopped increasing their prices with ea