Skip to main content

Tipper Ann, aka the Benevolent Kitty Goddess

Tipper Ann is quite the feline. She's white, with a gray blaze on her forehead and a gray tip on her tail. She grooms incessantly, is a creature of habit, and has perfected the art of owning a human being.

I, as it turns out, am her human.

Make no mistake, I buy her Science Diet and organic kitty treats, see that she's well and cared for and has a clean litter box at all times and knows she's well and truly adored, but in the end, I am her subject. Her pet. Her hers hers.

The cool thing about a very distinguished cat? They're goofy too. Like the time when she was draped over the ironing board, espied her own tail, and played keep away with herself for about twenty minutes. Or the time when she decided that it was waaaay fun to run full speed down the hall, across the entryway, through the kitchen, then do a ninety degree turn into the breakfast nook, losing traction in her backend and skidding like crazy before she regained her footing then accelerated again, this time on the opposite side of the loop on carpet....

Around and around and around she went. Ten times at least while we were enjoying the newspaper and our breakfast, legs tucked carefully up and off the floor where skidding Tipper cat might accidentally collide with them should they be resting in their customary places...

She also likes to play hide n seek, and enjoys nothing more than to 'find' you, and have you scream and jump and act very very frightened. Because she's a fierce jungle tiger playing with her prey, you see, and when she has you very very afraid? She's the boss of you. And it is important that you remember this always.

Turnabout, though, turnabout is fair play. I love being super quiet, sneaking up on her, then waiting until she becomes complacent, then jumping out and scaring the daylights out of her. Heh. She jumps, swells immediately to four times her normal size, glares scary cat glares at me, then she stalks off to her lair beneath the bed, where she will, eventually, recover her temporarily misplaced dignity. This will cost me, though. She may withhold, for the first part of the evening, the favor of her presence in my lap should I alight at some point.

The benefits of having a kitty like Tipper Ann? There's never a dull moment in the house. My lap is never without a purry creature in it. And she likes to sleep against the small of my back in bed, so I am ever cozy warm in the winter.

The benefits of having a human like me if you're Tipper Ann? Free publicity, a never-ending comedy of errors provided by our progeny, daily foibles and physical comedy, dinner guests, and various family visits. Oh, and the lap in the evening thing? That's not bad either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schnazzed up Desert Magnolia..again, thanks to LP the graphics guru!

Happy Thursday, everyone! Nope, it's not quite Spring yet, but sometimes a girl's gotta get a new 'do. Or in this case this girl's gotta get a new blog header. You know what I mean. Thank you LP! You rock. I love the artistic approach..it's soft but nice and still says, 'Enter here at your own risk, for opinions of a strong nature are sure to be expressed.' That's how I see it, anyway.

May I please be excused?

When G.G. was sorting through the mail the other night he stopped, then started to chuckle. And then he handed me an envelope in which a Jury Summons was contained. He chuckled because he has been called twice, and I have never been called. And for some reason he thought that wasn't right, or fair, or something. Well, I got mine. But it turns out I need to ask them a favor. To postpone my civic duty until after the holidays. Because before the holidays I am responsible for planning and overseeing and/or executing all year end marketing and PR for our little company, as well as publishing our final edition of an e-pub that now distributes to over 300K people each edition, so it needs to look good. And not have spelling errors and stuff. And then when that e-pub flies? I'll be flying, literally, to Providence, then to Europe and the Middle East. There's a lot to get done before I go, and I'm desperately hoping that our jury management system accepts my reque

Running Shoes...with Waves

Remember when you had one pair of tennies and they were for everything? Everything. Those days ended for me in high school when I started to run in earnest. In Nike Pegasus, their original running shoe, in white leather with a red swoosh. They were cushiony and durable and made me feel like less of a poser and more like a real runner. After that the style options exploded. I can't remember when Nike came out with their patented Air technology, but I had one of the original pairs..paid a ton of money for them, but it was money well spent. I ran all over the place in those things. All over. The foothills, the valley, sidewalks, parks, around the Academy, wherever...many miles in the originals. Generations of shoes later, I find myself not so happy with the Nike anymore. I've spent thousands of dollars on them in my life, but a few years back began to notice what I deemed to be a general decline in quality, though they've never stopped increasing their prices with ea