Skip to main content

Just checkin' in

Wow, time flies! It's now upwards of 90 degrees every day here, and we are all looking forward to a lusty monsoon season.

So, hi.  Since I was here last hubby and I snuck away for a weekend in San Diego that was incredible. We were just a few feet from the beach, and spent the days in that lazy, lovely haze of sunning, walking, eating, napping, chatting. It was awe.some.

Daughter's wedding plans are underway, with venue chosen, colors nearly settled upon, and dress shopping in full swing.  I hope to get to NY for a weekend shopping trip within the next month or so.

Son's fully engaged in his life, and is gardening and developing himself as a poet and fledgling novelist as we speak. His baby dog, Bernie, now weighs in at 105 lb. He considers himself a lapdog, and is, in fact, a champion napper. He and I logged some wonderful snooze time during his last visit. He's kind of like snuggling with a baby bear, only no claws, just warm snuggle dog.

My practice is building, and my appreciation for Oriental Medicine grows with it. I am so excited to be immersed in the practice of the medicine (after years of theory, prior), and feel every day like I've come home to myself.

I hope you are all well, and that life brings you many lessons, much love, and peace, overall.

Huge hugs,

Stevie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running Shoes...with Waves

Remember when you had one pair of tennies and they were for everything? Everything. Those days ended for me in high school when I started to run in earnest. In Nike Pegasus, their original running shoe, in white leather with a red swoosh. They were cushiony and durable and made me feel like less of a poser and more like a real runner. After that the style options exploded. I can't remember when Nike came out with their patented Air technology, but I had one of the original pairs..paid a ton of money for them, but it was money well spent. I ran all over the place in those things. All over. The foothills, the valley, sidewalks, parks, around the Academy, wherever...many miles in the originals. Generations of shoes later, I find myself not so happy with the Nike anymore. I've spent thousands of dollars on them in my life, but a few years back began to notice what I deemed to be a general decline in quality, though they've never stopped increasing their prices with ea

May I please be excused?

When G.G. was sorting through the mail the other night he stopped, then started to chuckle. And then he handed me an envelope in which a Jury Summons was contained. He chuckled because he has been called twice, and I have never been called. And for some reason he thought that wasn't right, or fair, or something. Well, I got mine. But it turns out I need to ask them a favor. To postpone my civic duty until after the holidays. Because before the holidays I am responsible for planning and overseeing and/or executing all year end marketing and PR for our little company, as well as publishing our final edition of an e-pub that now distributes to over 300K people each edition, so it needs to look good. And not have spelling errors and stuff. And then when that e-pub flies? I'll be flying, literally, to Providence, then to Europe and the Middle East. There's a lot to get done before I go, and I'm desperately hoping that our jury management system accepts my reque

Schnazzed up Desert Magnolia..again, thanks to LP the graphics guru!

Happy Thursday, everyone! Nope, it's not quite Spring yet, but sometimes a girl's gotta get a new 'do. Or in this case this girl's gotta get a new blog header. You know what I mean. Thank you LP! You rock. I love the artistic approach..it's soft but nice and still says, 'Enter here at your own risk, for opinions of a strong nature are sure to be expressed.' That's how I see it, anyway.