Skip to main content

Somebody certainly had her panties in a twist yesterday!

The good news? Attitudes change with the sweep of the hour hand on the clock, most days. Which is a blessing since the one I managed to get into yesterday was intense and I don't care to repeat that on a regular basis if I can help it.

Anyway, here we are, and thanks to a combination of things, I'm in a much less dark place today and am told I look 'happy and fresh'...The funny thing is I have no idea how I looked yesterday, probably because most people instinctively avoided me...ahem.

Reasons I think I'm in a better place today:

1. Daughter is home, and we had a lovely evening. We sat out in our backyard and enjoyed a lovely early evening and chatted about what had happened since we last relaxed together. Then we made a delicious dinner of grilled shrimp, wild rice, kale salad (fresh kale from the garden), and a chilly chardonnay. Mmmm. And then we watched Promised Land, which was good. I told JL earlier I'd give it a 6..for overall story/acting/chemistry.

2. Hormones have taken a seat after partying hard in my bloodstream for the last week or so. Thankyouverymuch for that. Just sayin'.

3. Balancing treatment I received during class yesterday is working. I can feel it. Can I say I love acupuncture? This stuff flat out works!

4. Son is headed to NY from the Middle East, and knowing he'll be stateside for the Summer puts me at ease, somehow. And we'll get to see him at some point for a few days. 

5. JL sent me an article that puts many things, including petty annoyances, quickly into perspective. Thank you JL. Your timing? Once again, perfect.

 And now it's midafternoon, I feel productive and want to crank out some work so life over the next week isn't too insane.

Next week will be interesting. On the docket?

Memorial Day 

Daughter's wisdom teeth extraction

Hubby's backpacking trip. (all week..so the very drugged up chimpmunky girl and I will be on our own to navigate the surgery and post days...fortunately we have plenty of experience with surgeries, yes? And this time no knees are involved!!)

Drought conditions. Which means watering the garden religiously...because those baby tomatoes and other fresh seedlings need TLC right now..and we have to be extra vigilant.

Work deadlines. Always.

School stuff, but less than usual due to holiday, taking off one day for the girl's surgery, etc. But still class and clinic..and one really long day on Thursday.

That's about it, for now. I hope you all are preparing for, and truly enjoy your few days off!! I know that we plan to rest and relax and just 'be'...as much as possible, too!

Best,

-Stevie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schnazzed up Desert Magnolia..again, thanks to LP the graphics guru!

Happy Thursday, everyone! Nope, it's not quite Spring yet, but sometimes a girl's gotta get a new 'do. Or in this case this girl's gotta get a new blog header. You know what I mean. Thank you LP! You rock. I love the artistic approach..it's soft but nice and still says, 'Enter here at your own risk, for opinions of a strong nature are sure to be expressed.' That's how I see it, anyway.

May I please be excused?

When G.G. was sorting through the mail the other night he stopped, then started to chuckle. And then he handed me an envelope in which a Jury Summons was contained. He chuckled because he has been called twice, and I have never been called. And for some reason he thought that wasn't right, or fair, or something. Well, I got mine. But it turns out I need to ask them a favor. To postpone my civic duty until after the holidays. Because before the holidays I am responsible for planning and overseeing and/or executing all year end marketing and PR for our little company, as well as publishing our final edition of an e-pub that now distributes to over 300K people each edition, so it needs to look good. And not have spelling errors and stuff. And then when that e-pub flies? I'll be flying, literally, to Providence, then to Europe and the Middle East. There's a lot to get done before I go, and I'm desperately hoping that our jury management system accepts my reque

Frigid

There's cold, and then there's the cold that takes your breath away when you breathe in too deeply. We've got that right now. Clear, blue skies, and frigid cold temps. There's just enough warmth in the sun to cause the enormous icicles that have formed along our roof to break off, sort of a mini calving like you'd see in the Antarctic when an iceberg cleaves. And loud, a big CRACK! happens, and then Whump! it hits the ground. The governor just issued a state of emergency for the entire state. And asked all of us to lower our thermostats ten degrees! Right. So, if we're having issues keeping pipes unfrozen with normal range furnace use, what's going to happen when/if we drop that range ten degrees? That's the difference between liquid and frozen water. Ten degrees doesn't sound like a lot, but it is. And I'm pretty sure she's not going to have her staff lower her thermostat by the ten degrees she's proposed, then put on her silk long