Skip to main content

Jimmy Choos and Mustang lust

I have a confession to make. In less than the time it takes to say 'Who's having a midlife???', I appear to be in the throes of a humdinger.

A humdinger.

Let me explain.

First, Google caught me looking at Jimmy Choos, and now every time I go out to do a news surf,  pop ups for Jimmy Choos appear and lure tempt seduce me into looking.  Every time.

And, well, I got to drive a Mustang yesterday. And that may have been a verrrrry bad thing.

Said Mustang? Reignited my lust for cars that purr under your butt and respond nicely when you accelerate and feel HOT to drive and just make you go, "I am driving a classic, performance machine and ILOVEITVERYMUCHTHANKYOUVERYMUCH!"

For the record, my car history for the last two decades looks like this:

1984 Honda Accord hatchback. Red. 5 speed manual transmission. My very first car ever that I picked out, then bought and paid for and owned for 15 years. Loved it. Husband ended up driving it after we hatched two children and needed something with more room that didn't make me throw my back out getting said children into their respective car seats in the back every time we loaded up. I was very sad when I no longer got to drive this car. Which I loved, and to this day, miss. And which is the last car I had to shift for a long time.

1990 Ford Taurus. White. Automatic transmission. Ugh. Acquired used via relatives. Bad bad memory with that POS, ending with a seized engine on the freeway during rush hour traffic with two unhappy kiddos in the back seat. NOT a happy experience.

1992 Plymouth Grand Voyager. Light frosty blue. Automatic transmission. Ahem. No less than 14 recalls later, including one where 'the back passenger seat could fly out the back hatch due to faulty seat anchors', we got rid of this really really bad choice of a vehicle. Really bad choice.

1998 Toyota Previa van. Forest green. Automatic. Traded in during a crisis following my Dad's death. I lost my mind, what can I say?

1997 Toyota Camry. Bronze. 5 speed manual. Also had an aftermarket alarm that would trigger for no reason and NOBODY would remove for us for reasons we never could figure out. Caused more fights in our household than anything ever before. We decided the car might be cursed, so we traded it in for another Previa van. Which was the right choice. Definitely. Bickering of that frequency and magnitude? Not good for anyone.

2000 Toyota Previa van. White. Automatic. Catastrophic drive train failure occurred, with an estimated $5K repair bill that made us both question ever buying another Toyota again and bail on this one.

1998 Nissan Altima. Olive green. Automatic. (Great car. Very reliable. We still own it. Technically it's Daughter's car, but hubby drives it from time to time to keep it going.)

2005 Nissan Altima. Arctic white. Automatic. (Current car.)

We also own a beautiful, full sized Nissan pickup (cranberry red) that my husband drives. It's awesome. But it's his. We know this.

If this history doesn't illustrate my dedication to motherhood, to supporting the family effort, to providing safe transportation for my children and no end of their friends during the years, nothing does.

But now Mama wants something 'purry', something with some HP, something that just makes her smile when she gets in and fires it up every morning.

The Jimmy Choos are optional, but I'm guessing if the 'Stang happens, there's a pair of Choos in my future too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schnazzed up Desert Magnolia..again, thanks to LP the graphics guru!

Happy Thursday, everyone! Nope, it's not quite Spring yet, but sometimes a girl's gotta get a new 'do. Or in this case this girl's gotta get a new blog header. You know what I mean. Thank you LP! You rock. I love the artistic approach..it's soft but nice and still says, 'Enter here at your own risk, for opinions of a strong nature are sure to be expressed.' That's how I see it, anyway.

May I please be excused?

When G.G. was sorting through the mail the other night he stopped, then started to chuckle. And then he handed me an envelope in which a Jury Summons was contained. He chuckled because he has been called twice, and I have never been called. And for some reason he thought that wasn't right, or fair, or something. Well, I got mine. But it turns out I need to ask them a favor. To postpone my civic duty until after the holidays. Because before the holidays I am responsible for planning and overseeing and/or executing all year end marketing and PR for our little company, as well as publishing our final edition of an e-pub that now distributes to over 300K people each edition, so it needs to look good. And not have spelling errors and stuff. And then when that e-pub flies? I'll be flying, literally, to Providence, then to Europe and the Middle East. There's a lot to get done before I go, and I'm desperately hoping that our jury management system accepts my reque

Frigid

There's cold, and then there's the cold that takes your breath away when you breathe in too deeply. We've got that right now. Clear, blue skies, and frigid cold temps. There's just enough warmth in the sun to cause the enormous icicles that have formed along our roof to break off, sort of a mini calving like you'd see in the Antarctic when an iceberg cleaves. And loud, a big CRACK! happens, and then Whump! it hits the ground. The governor just issued a state of emergency for the entire state. And asked all of us to lower our thermostats ten degrees! Right. So, if we're having issues keeping pipes unfrozen with normal range furnace use, what's going to happen when/if we drop that range ten degrees? That's the difference between liquid and frozen water. Ten degrees doesn't sound like a lot, but it is. And I'm pretty sure she's not going to have her staff lower her thermostat by the ten degrees she's proposed, then put on her silk long