Skip to main content

So, hello there.

It's been awhile.

I've mostly been in bed. Blowing my nose and NOT doing the otherwise sexy things that one does while in the throes of passion, which would be most awe.some, but while wrestling with the head cold from Hell. From Hell.

I had to repeat the Hell because, really.

So it's next week. Almost a week from the last time I wrote, and longer than I usually go, and for that I'm sorry. But I'm not dead, not even close. I'm on the better side of this ridiculous virus, and my strength and humor are beginning to return.

Not necessarily in that order, because honestly, how can you NOT laugh at the red nose, puffy eyes, general feeling of discombobulation that occurs with a head cold? If you don't laugh, my friends, you cry, and I'm not in the mood to cry about a cold.

What I am in the mood for, though, is the following, not necessarily in any order. This is a stream of consciousness list, which means importance isn't linear.

Chocolate. Deep, dark, preferably in the form of a layer cake.


This would do. Thank you myrecipes.com :-)



Coffee. Dark, strong, preferably accompanying chocolate layer cake.


A dress to wear for G.G.'s and my anniversary dinner that does not make me look like a water buffalo.

I like this dress. But they didn't have it when I went in to find it. What was that all about?



A(nother) nap.


Peace on Earth.


Less mean people.


More cool, enlightened, kind people.


Deep wisdom into family. Mine. (those from whence I come not those to whom I belong now and not those that have come from my body)

Auburn hair. Long and wavy.

Hair like this. Thank you Jen Gardener and hikika.com.



Patience.


To be willowy. Tall, slender, supple, willowy.  For some reason my curvy curves are wearing on me, and wow, to be tall and slender...


A hug from my children. I miss them terribly. Ridiculously. Madly. Miss them miss them miss them.


Dinner on the patio with JL. I totally miss her and would give almost anything to just hang out and laugh and philosophize and just 'be' us, the strange and cool friends that we've become, for just a few hours. Ok, more than that, but I'd settle...for the few hours thing.


That's pretty much where I'm at right now. Not a bad place, but clearly...a little needier than usual.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better and hope the items on your list become reality - especially the cake and hugs from your children as those seem to be the most rewarding :) I'll try to be a cool and enlightened person in the universe and not a meanie. Have a wonderful celebration on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hullo HK!

    Thanks so much! You're right about the really important stuff..it's the hugs. Those, ah, well, I have to wait a bit for those but they'll happen. Most likely at Thanksgiving or maybe during the holidays but they'll come.

    That said, I found an amazing chocolate coconut macaroon when I was buying coffee beans at lunch that I had to have. And have subsequently inhaled, I mean, savored. :-) It's a good start...

    Be well, and thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Schnazzed up Desert Magnolia..again, thanks to LP the graphics guru!

Happy Thursday, everyone! Nope, it's not quite Spring yet, but sometimes a girl's gotta get a new 'do. Or in this case this girl's gotta get a new blog header. You know what I mean. Thank you LP! You rock. I love the artistic approach..it's soft but nice and still says, 'Enter here at your own risk, for opinions of a strong nature are sure to be expressed.' That's how I see it, anyway.

May I please be excused?

When G.G. was sorting through the mail the other night he stopped, then started to chuckle. And then he handed me an envelope in which a Jury Summons was contained. He chuckled because he has been called twice, and I have never been called. And for some reason he thought that wasn't right, or fair, or something. Well, I got mine. But it turns out I need to ask them a favor. To postpone my civic duty until after the holidays. Because before the holidays I am responsible for planning and overseeing and/or executing all year end marketing and PR for our little company, as well as publishing our final edition of an e-pub that now distributes to over 300K people each edition, so it needs to look good. And not have spelling errors and stuff. And then when that e-pub flies? I'll be flying, literally, to Providence, then to Europe and the Middle East. There's a lot to get done before I go, and I'm desperately hoping that our jury management system accepts my reque

Running Shoes...with Waves

Remember when you had one pair of tennies and they were for everything? Everything. Those days ended for me in high school when I started to run in earnest. In Nike Pegasus, their original running shoe, in white leather with a red swoosh. They were cushiony and durable and made me feel like less of a poser and more like a real runner. After that the style options exploded. I can't remember when Nike came out with their patented Air technology, but I had one of the original pairs..paid a ton of money for them, but it was money well spent. I ran all over the place in those things. All over. The foothills, the valley, sidewalks, parks, around the Academy, wherever...many miles in the originals. Generations of shoes later, I find myself not so happy with the Nike anymore. I've spent thousands of dollars on them in my life, but a few years back began to notice what I deemed to be a general decline in quality, though they've never stopped increasing their prices with ea