Skip to main content

Miscellanous musings, and yes it's Monday

Monday, as in after Sunday. As in after a lovely gathering on Saturday night to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I think this was our best celebration ever. I got to mingle, which sometimes doesn't happen. I seem to get caught in the kitchen, which is always full of chatty friends, and as I putter and fuss over food and such I just become embroiled in one conversation after another and never really mingle in the living room and dining room, and outside by the firepit.

But this year I did, and it was nice. And Daughter got to spend time with all of our friends who love finding out how life is in RI, in college, and with her in general. She also gave an iPhone tutorial to a group of our friends that made them all gasp with wonder and become more excited about their phone choice. Suffice to say, they're now all hooked on Words with Friends...

Yesterday we went for hike, and it was hard. It was on the Piedra Lisa trail in the Sandia Mountains, which is steep...going up is hard and coming down is a little treacherous, particularly if you jog down, which we did..but we all felt a sense of accomplishment once we were back in the car and headed for hot showers.

Today, very early, Hubby drove Daughter to the airport. She's off again, back to RI to finish up her first year of college, then move out of her dorm room, find a place to store her stuff, etc., before she comes home for the summer.

I'm feeling a sense of sadness with her departure, but not to the extent that I did with earlier departures. On some level I'm getting used to her coming and going. Now I feel sadness, and anticipate her return with excitement, but nothing too extreme.

The thing I need to do now is continue my introspection and begin acting on the answers to  my questions.  And look out for myself a little bit better than I have in the past. Daughter pointed out to me this weekend that she's worried about my concern over what others think about my choices, and suggested getting the hell on with my life and not limiting myself by what other people think I should do/be, etc.

Out of the mouths of babes, huh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schnazzed up Desert Magnolia..again, thanks to LP the graphics guru!

Happy Thursday, everyone! Nope, it's not quite Spring yet, but sometimes a girl's gotta get a new 'do. Or in this case this girl's gotta get a new blog header. You know what I mean. Thank you LP! You rock. I love the artistic approach..it's soft but nice and still says, 'Enter here at your own risk, for opinions of a strong nature are sure to be expressed.' That's how I see it, anyway.

May I please be excused?

When G.G. was sorting through the mail the other night he stopped, then started to chuckle. And then he handed me an envelope in which a Jury Summons was contained. He chuckled because he has been called twice, and I have never been called. And for some reason he thought that wasn't right, or fair, or something. Well, I got mine. But it turns out I need to ask them a favor. To postpone my civic duty until after the holidays. Because before the holidays I am responsible for planning and overseeing and/or executing all year end marketing and PR for our little company, as well as publishing our final edition of an e-pub that now distributes to over 300K people each edition, so it needs to look good. And not have spelling errors and stuff. And then when that e-pub flies? I'll be flying, literally, to Providence, then to Europe and the Middle East. There's a lot to get done before I go, and I'm desperately hoping that our jury management system accepts my reque

Frigid

There's cold, and then there's the cold that takes your breath away when you breathe in too deeply. We've got that right now. Clear, blue skies, and frigid cold temps. There's just enough warmth in the sun to cause the enormous icicles that have formed along our roof to break off, sort of a mini calving like you'd see in the Antarctic when an iceberg cleaves. And loud, a big CRACK! happens, and then Whump! it hits the ground. The governor just issued a state of emergency for the entire state. And asked all of us to lower our thermostats ten degrees! Right. So, if we're having issues keeping pipes unfrozen with normal range furnace use, what's going to happen when/if we drop that range ten degrees? That's the difference between liquid and frozen water. Ten degrees doesn't sound like a lot, but it is. And I'm pretty sure she's not going to have her staff lower her thermostat by the ten degrees she's proposed, then put on her silk long