Skip to main content

The panties? So not about you, honey.

Our trip to Ft. Lauderdale for a business event was a resounding success on many levels. My colleague KG and I worked hard, discovered an even greater tolerance in ourselves than we'd documented before for really nice, well-meaning practitioners in the industry who simply don't track very well, and generally made the best of a business trip involving a full day of travel on both ends. That's a little rugged, but we did fine.

Except yesterday the head cold I'd been holding off for the entire five days and general angst set in big time, so I was pretty much down for the count. But I'm back, and feeling mostly human again...

Anyway, KG and I were at dinner one night, sipping a deep red wine and enjoying some decent food, when we forayed into a conversation about relationships, and how interesting and funny they can be, particularly after a long time with someone.


At some point, inevitably I suppose, we got to the 'silly conversations we've had with our mate' category.

It didn't start out as a lingerie conversation, but pretty soon lingerie was the topic.

'Lingerie' is  a broad term, and in my case includes the gamut of options. I suppose that makes me a lingerie generalist - I like it all. Choice depends on mood and function of the moment. There's scanty lace, ample cotton, silky satin, thongs and tongas, push up bras and softer athletic versions designed to support not enhance.

And yes, I'm pretty anal organized about my lingerie, so the granny panties are separate from the lacy thongs and tongas. That's just the way I roll. And there is a gradient from soft cotton, through the lighter cotton with a little lace to the satin, ultimately terminating in the lacy thongs and tongas. Left to right if you must know. And no, I don't sort by color, just category.

Anyway, as we were chatting I recalled a conversation I'd had with Hubby sometime back when he happened to come into the dressing area when I was getting dressed. His eyes lit up and he looked more interested than usual when he noticed my choice of underthings  that day, as they were the minimal black lace versions designed to enhance and lift up above (under a tight fitting black sweater) and be invisible down below (beneath a snug mini skirt).

The teeny tininess of them was a practical choice on my part.

But he thought it was about my planning that random moment to be seen by him, who just happened to be in the room at the time I was slipping into said items (something he seldom ever does..ever), and intentionally planting the seduction seed for the day.

Um, well not really. Actually, not almost ever. Unless we're doing a special night out in which case that's part of the whole thing but not a regular work day.

I had to explain to him, that as brilliant and strategic a seductress as he made me out to be, the panties, well, the panties just weren't about him.

He appeared crestfallen for a moment, but then grinned. "I am totally ok with not being the object of your actions if it means getting the occasional lingerie model moment. I can live with that. In fact, it's liberating on some level. To know you do this for you. That's kind of cool, kind of like you painting your toes bright red in the middle of winter when nobody but me will see them."

Yeah, that's it entirely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schnazzed up Desert Magnolia..again, thanks to LP the graphics guru!

Happy Thursday, everyone! Nope, it's not quite Spring yet, but sometimes a girl's gotta get a new 'do. Or in this case this girl's gotta get a new blog header. You know what I mean. Thank you LP! You rock. I love the artistic approach..it's soft but nice and still says, 'Enter here at your own risk, for opinions of a strong nature are sure to be expressed.' That's how I see it, anyway.

May I please be excused?

When G.G. was sorting through the mail the other night he stopped, then started to chuckle. And then he handed me an envelope in which a Jury Summons was contained. He chuckled because he has been called twice, and I have never been called. And for some reason he thought that wasn't right, or fair, or something. Well, I got mine. But it turns out I need to ask them a favor. To postpone my civic duty until after the holidays. Because before the holidays I am responsible for planning and overseeing and/or executing all year end marketing and PR for our little company, as well as publishing our final edition of an e-pub that now distributes to over 300K people each edition, so it needs to look good. And not have spelling errors and stuff. And then when that e-pub flies? I'll be flying, literally, to Providence, then to Europe and the Middle East. There's a lot to get done before I go, and I'm desperately hoping that our jury management system accepts my reque

Running Shoes...with Waves

Remember when you had one pair of tennies and they were for everything? Everything. Those days ended for me in high school when I started to run in earnest. In Nike Pegasus, their original running shoe, in white leather with a red swoosh. They were cushiony and durable and made me feel like less of a poser and more like a real runner. After that the style options exploded. I can't remember when Nike came out with their patented Air technology, but I had one of the original pairs..paid a ton of money for them, but it was money well spent. I ran all over the place in those things. All over. The foothills, the valley, sidewalks, parks, around the Academy, wherever...many miles in the originals. Generations of shoes later, I find myself not so happy with the Nike anymore. I've spent thousands of dollars on them in my life, but a few years back began to notice what I deemed to be a general decline in quality, though they've never stopped increasing their prices with ea