Skip to main content

Taos vibe

If you've never been to Taos, you should find a way to go. It's unique in about a million ways, and never disappoints.

Case in point, our recent stay. In an historic mansion. With close family and friends. 

Said mansion was built in the late 1700's. Yes, 1700's. Of adobe. Thick walls of it that subdue sound and make everyone feel like they are alone in their space, when in fact they are surrounded by others. It's very cool.

The house meanders, the older sections have lower ceilings. The newer sections have radiant heat, so your feet are always toasty and you feel comfy warm without the pesky central air blowing noise that most modern houses have.

The kitchen, well, it's a chef's wet dream. Really. Viking rules the double ovens and cooktops. Butcher block island in the center provides ample prep space. Multiple sinks make keeping the whole space clean while large meals are prepared easy. 

The bedrooms are all cozy, and private. So if one needs some personal time away from the energy of the group, they can enjoy that. 

And there were multiple outdoor seating areas, a hot tub, and easy access to Taos' offerings. All good.

So, we hung out. We gathered. We cooked. We ate. We meandered. We relaxed. We celebrated.

When I think back on the weekend, I am struck by a couple of particularly poignant moments. One was during breakfast on Saturday, when we gathered at the high breakfast table, enjoying pierogies fried to perfection, and dark roast coffee and we just chatted. And laughed. And reconnected.  Later that morning. my besties J and K and I headed in to Taos to gather final supplies for the evening, and to shop a bit, and just enjoy the morning. We ended up at Overland, or specifically the beautiful wind spinner garden outside of Overland, where we stood in the midst of the beautiful sculptures, the Sangre de Cristos as a a backdrop, and felt a sense of peace and centering and just..wellness....and some magic. It was truly magic.

Yes, I indulged at Overland. I have been looking for the perfect belt for years, now. And I found it there. With silver tips on the ends, buffalo coins on the belt itself, and the smell of good leather that is unmistakable. I also found an amazing purse..tote, a weekender, big, beautiful, oiled leather bag that feels sturdy and worldly and durable as shit. I mean, I'm pretty sure my daughter will inherit this when I leave this planet for my next adventure.

The weekend was perfect. My heart is filled with gratitude, with love, and with happiness. 

So now we move on. I am now 'in my 60's....' 

Weird, huh? I remember a time when I couldn't imagine living to be 30!! Hah! I did. And the journey continues!

Huge hugs,
Stevie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schnazzed up Desert Magnolia..again, thanks to LP the graphics guru!

Happy Thursday, everyone! Nope, it's not quite Spring yet, but sometimes a girl's gotta get a new 'do. Or in this case this girl's gotta get a new blog header. You know what I mean. Thank you LP! You rock. I love the artistic approach..it's soft but nice and still says, 'Enter here at your own risk, for opinions of a strong nature are sure to be expressed.' That's how I see it, anyway.

May I please be excused?

When G.G. was sorting through the mail the other night he stopped, then started to chuckle. And then he handed me an envelope in which a Jury Summons was contained. He chuckled because he has been called twice, and I have never been called. And for some reason he thought that wasn't right, or fair, or something. Well, I got mine. But it turns out I need to ask them a favor. To postpone my civic duty until after the holidays. Because before the holidays I am responsible for planning and overseeing and/or executing all year end marketing and PR for our little company, as well as publishing our final edition of an e-pub that now distributes to over 300K people each edition, so it needs to look good. And not have spelling errors and stuff. And then when that e-pub flies? I'll be flying, literally, to Providence, then to Europe and the Middle East. There's a lot to get done before I go, and I'm desperately hoping that our jury management system accepts my reque

Frigid

There's cold, and then there's the cold that takes your breath away when you breathe in too deeply. We've got that right now. Clear, blue skies, and frigid cold temps. There's just enough warmth in the sun to cause the enormous icicles that have formed along our roof to break off, sort of a mini calving like you'd see in the Antarctic when an iceberg cleaves. And loud, a big CRACK! happens, and then Whump! it hits the ground. The governor just issued a state of emergency for the entire state. And asked all of us to lower our thermostats ten degrees! Right. So, if we're having issues keeping pipes unfrozen with normal range furnace use, what's going to happen when/if we drop that range ten degrees? That's the difference between liquid and frozen water. Ten degrees doesn't sound like a lot, but it is. And I'm pretty sure she's not going to have her staff lower her thermostat by the ten degrees she's proposed, then put on her silk long