Skip to main content

In the Pink

You may recall how excited I became when pondering shoe choices for a trip to NY back in the Spring. One of the reasons I became excited? Vince Camuto.

A little bit about my feet. [Note: Feel free to exit this post now if the whole foot detail piece is going too far outside of your comfort zone and/or you simply do.not.care about my tootsies. Seriously. I get that you may not care, and am totally ok with that. It's my blog, though, so here I go.] I am 5'8" tall, have long arms, long legs, and teeny tiny hands and smallish, square feet. Most would expect my fingers to be like a concert pianist's, and my toes to be the toe equivalent.

But not so much. Apparently the same Middle Eastern genes that kicked in and gave me green eyes decided I needed to have feet just like my Grandma Alice. Who was 4'11". And tiny.

Seriously. I was looking at her feet one day, as happens in lengthy, relaxed conversations with a person you're sitting next to on a couch. And I realized I have Grandma Alice's feet.

Square feet.

Hence, the love of Camutos.

I know nothing of the genetic background of Vince Camuto, but I know that he designs shoes that fit my feet. Perfectly. So in the Spring when I was excited, it was because I had purchased a sassy pair of bronze flats with a cool emblem/medallion on the toe. Not as blingy as they might sound...

This last week, though, I went for the pink bling.

My reasons for choosing the bling:

1. I like dusty rose

2. Camutos fit my feet. (See above.)

3. I like flats.

4. I may be a little over the top in my shoe choices. (See prior posts for snakeskin pump example, cowboy boot pic, birthday shoe purchases, etc.)

5. They were on sale. Really on sale. Like 30% off of the number I almost paid two days before, so that was saying something.

6. I'm a fan of having one splashy element in an ensemble. When I wear these I'll probably opt for a white shirt, jeans, and very little if any jewelry. Cuz the shoes bring the bling...

Right?

Next might be the purse dog, don't you think? It's only a matter of time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dang it's hot

It has decided to be summer now, after weeks of fluctuating between cool and cooler.... The A/C is on high. I am trying to study, but really don't want to ...due to a general weightiness that has settled over me, no doubt the heat is just slowing me down for the moment. So, instead of pressing through and forcing myself to do something I don't really have the energy to do right now I am honoring my state of mind and just relaxing a little.... I have begun serious study for my BioMed exam, and reviewing the material is making me realize that I have in fact learned a great deal during my journey through this program, but more importantly is I have begun to look at things, all things, differently.  I am not sure when it began, the shift to this new view, but it has taken hold and infuses my being with an appreciation for the beauty and complexity of life, of the human body, of the human condition, of the universe in general. I have learned facts and data, I have examined ca...

The choices we make, make us who we are, don't they?

W. H. Auden once said: Choice of attention—to pay attention to this and ignore that—is to the inner life what choice of action is to the outer. It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day that we often forget that every single choice that we make, particularly when it comes to how we live, not just the little niggling details, really matters. Every single one. I guess it boils down to limited resources, right? There are a finite number of moments in each day, and most of us are obligated to spend a considerable number of those pursuing our careers, making ends meet, etc., which means that the number available for spiritual and emotional nurturing are limited, indeed. So demonstrating our love for our families, taking good care of ourselves-nutritionally, emotionally, spiritually, physically, in the moments we actually have for those pursuits? Makes absolute sense. And growing our hearts and enriching our spirits through whatever means we choose, be it spending more ...

On Mondays. And lots of rules.

Mondays can be a challenge. There's the whole shock to the system of waking up and realizing it's not the weekend anymore, which kind of blows. And then the jolt out of the lazy flow of the weekend into the time-focused 'gotta be at the office by x time, gotta get ready for the company meeting, gotta check emails/deadlines to ensure nothing is on fire' stuff. And then the reality of settling into the week...and knowing that this one will be a full one. They all seem to be. This week for me: Work. Lots of good stuff going on, but 'lots' being the watchword. School. 2nd trimester starts. Tomorrow a.m. So tomorrow for me is school, 9-12; work 1230-430; clinic 5-9. Long day, Tuesday. For this I've washed and pressed my lab coat, cleaned out my tote (it is truly amazing what collects during a trimester in terms of used kleenexes, abandoned index cards, folded notes that were important at some point but now are just extra weight, stale snacks, etc.), and ...