Skip to main content

In the Pink

You may recall how excited I became when pondering shoe choices for a trip to NY back in the Spring. One of the reasons I became excited? Vince Camuto.

A little bit about my feet. [Note: Feel free to exit this post now if the whole foot detail piece is going too far outside of your comfort zone and/or you simply do.not.care about my tootsies. Seriously. I get that you may not care, and am totally ok with that. It's my blog, though, so here I go.] I am 5'8" tall, have long arms, long legs, and teeny tiny hands and smallish, square feet. Most would expect my fingers to be like a concert pianist's, and my toes to be the toe equivalent.

But not so much. Apparently the same Middle Eastern genes that kicked in and gave me green eyes decided I needed to have feet just like my Grandma Alice. Who was 4'11". And tiny.

Seriously. I was looking at her feet one day, as happens in lengthy, relaxed conversations with a person you're sitting next to on a couch. And I realized I have Grandma Alice's feet.

Square feet.

Hence, the love of Camutos.

I know nothing of the genetic background of Vince Camuto, but I know that he designs shoes that fit my feet. Perfectly. So in the Spring when I was excited, it was because I had purchased a sassy pair of bronze flats with a cool emblem/medallion on the toe. Not as blingy as they might sound...

This last week, though, I went for the pink bling.

My reasons for choosing the bling:

1. I like dusty rose

2. Camutos fit my feet. (See above.)

3. I like flats.

4. I may be a little over the top in my shoe choices. (See prior posts for snakeskin pump example, cowboy boot pic, birthday shoe purchases, etc.)

5. They were on sale. Really on sale. Like 30% off of the number I almost paid two days before, so that was saying something.

6. I'm a fan of having one splashy element in an ensemble. When I wear these I'll probably opt for a white shirt, jeans, and very little if any jewelry. Cuz the shoes bring the bling...

Right?

Next might be the purse dog, don't you think? It's only a matter of time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schnazzed up Desert Magnolia..again, thanks to LP the graphics guru!

Happy Thursday, everyone! Nope, it's not quite Spring yet, but sometimes a girl's gotta get a new 'do. Or in this case this girl's gotta get a new blog header. You know what I mean. Thank you LP! You rock. I love the artistic approach..it's soft but nice and still says, 'Enter here at your own risk, for opinions of a strong nature are sure to be expressed.' That's how I see it, anyway.

May I please be excused?

When G.G. was sorting through the mail the other night he stopped, then started to chuckle. And then he handed me an envelope in which a Jury Summons was contained. He chuckled because he has been called twice, and I have never been called. And for some reason he thought that wasn't right, or fair, or something. Well, I got mine. But it turns out I need to ask them a favor. To postpone my civic duty until after the holidays. Because before the holidays I am responsible for planning and overseeing and/or executing all year end marketing and PR for our little company, as well as publishing our final edition of an e-pub that now distributes to over 300K people each edition, so it needs to look good. And not have spelling errors and stuff. And then when that e-pub flies? I'll be flying, literally, to Providence, then to Europe and the Middle East. There's a lot to get done before I go, and I'm desperately hoping that our jury management system accepts my reque

Frigid

There's cold, and then there's the cold that takes your breath away when you breathe in too deeply. We've got that right now. Clear, blue skies, and frigid cold temps. There's just enough warmth in the sun to cause the enormous icicles that have formed along our roof to break off, sort of a mini calving like you'd see in the Antarctic when an iceberg cleaves. And loud, a big CRACK! happens, and then Whump! it hits the ground. The governor just issued a state of emergency for the entire state. And asked all of us to lower our thermostats ten degrees! Right. So, if we're having issues keeping pipes unfrozen with normal range furnace use, what's going to happen when/if we drop that range ten degrees? That's the difference between liquid and frozen water. Ten degrees doesn't sound like a lot, but it is. And I'm pretty sure she's not going to have her staff lower her thermostat by the ten degrees she's proposed, then put on her silk long